Environmental Health & Safety

A Department in Facilities

Reporting Occupational Injuries

When an employee is injured, the primary concern will be to obtain proper medical treatment to effect a cure for the injury. If the injury is life threatening or requires emergency care, contact the University Police and they will in turn contact Greensboro Emergency Communications. If the injury is not life threatening, the employee must go to the Student Health Service in the Gove Health Center for treatment. When the Student Health Service is not operating, the employee may obtain medical care at a local emergency room or physician’s office.